Westerners often refer to the Cai Dao as a “Chinese cleaver” because of its look. However, these two kitchen knives are different from each other. The literal translation of Cai Dao is “vegetable knife” or “Slicer” because it is much more suitable for precise slicing rather than the heavy tasks that a cleaver can perform. The Cai Dao is usually used for slicing boneless meat and chopping vegetables. It may also be ideal for cutting small bones such as chicken wings, for example.
The wide blade makes it easy to scoop up sliced ingredients. The precise work of Cai Dao makes it a favorite of chefs. With proper skill, you can use the Cai Dao in a variety of slicing styles.
Features of the Cai Dao Knife Gentle Cut by Blade Brothers Knives:
- Kitchen knives Gentle Cut by Blade Brothers Knives are made of 1.4116 Krupp Stainless Steel (X50CrMoV15), a high-quality stainless steel produced in Germany at Thyssen Krupp plants. This steel is used for the manufacture of medical equipment, equipment for the pharmaceutical industry, and in the food industry. So, chromium-molybdenum-vanadium alloy (X50CrMoV15) is perfectly suited for making premium kitchen knives.
- Full tang construction, which offers a well-balanced ratio of edge retention.
- Hardened to about 57 HRC, it allows easy sharpening and ensures long-term perfect function for the knives.
- Ergonomic grip design provides perfect handling. Knife is extremely comfortable to hold.
- The handle scales made of micarta are durably combined with decorative handle pins. Micarta has pleasant tactile properties and it’s easy to care for. We offer you to choose a color of the handle – burgundy, light green, blue.
- Handmade knives. Each of our knives passes through the hands of several craftsmen, preventing the possibility of defects. We pay particular attention to the processing of the micarta itself, so we are proud not only of the ergonomic handle, but also of the very nice look of the pattern and chosen colors – burgundy, navy blue and light green.
Specifications of the Cai Dao Gentle Cut by Blade Brothers Knives:
kind: Full tang
type: kitchen knife
overall length: 11.22″ // 285 mm
blade length: 5.71″ // 145 mm
max blade width: 2.76″ // 70 mm
handle length: 5.51″ // 140 mm
blade material: stainless steel 1.4116 (X50CrMoV15)
weight: 0.59 lb. ±0.02 lb. // 268 g ± 10 g
hardness: 57 HRC
blade thickness: 0.08”±0.012” // 2.5 mm ±0.3 mm
handle material: micarta (choose the color when ordering – burgundy, light green, blue)
handle fastener: decorative handle pins