A knife is a cook’s best friend, whether they’re a seasoned professional or a kitchen first-timer. Ask a chef about their favorite types of kitchen knives and you’re bound to hear a love poem to cutlery. It’s only natural; more than any other items in their culinary toolbox, knives become extensions of the chefs themselves.
The right types of kitchen knives can make easy work out of the most difficult tasks. And there are different types of kitchen knives for every cooking chore imaginable.
How to Choose Your Best Kitchen Knife?
If you’re wondering how to choose a kitchen knife, there are numerous factors to consider, such as:
- Cooking style: Different knives are designed for different tasks, so it’s important to consider what types of foods you’ll be preparing most often. For example, a chef’s knife is a versatile all-purpose knife that can handle a variety of tasks, while a serrated knife is best for cutting through crusty bread.
- Blade material and sharpness: Look for knives made from high-quality steel that will hold a sharp edge and resist corrosion. A sharp knife will make your prep work easier and safer.
- Handle material: Handles can be made from a variety of materials, such as wood, plastic, or metal. Choose a handle that feels comfortable in your hand and provides a good grip.
- Size and weight: The size and weight of a knife can impact how it feels in your hand and how well it performs. A heavier knife can be more powerful for chopping, while a lighter knife may be more nimble for precision cutting.
- Ergonomics and usability: Consider the overall design of the knife and how it feels in your hand. A well-designed knife should feel comfortable and balanced, with a blade that is easy to control.
Features of the Kitchen Knives Gentle Cut by Blade Brothers Knives
Blade Brothers Knives developed a new line of kitchen knives called Gentle Cut based on our knowledge and experience in knife anatomy, steel specifications and in close cooperation with chefs from restaurants in Kharkiv.
If you’re a budding chef still learning your way around the kitchen, what are the most useful types of kitchen knives to have on hand? And if you’re a more seasoned chef looking to step up your slicing game, which types of cooking knives should you add to your collection? And maybe you’ll find your best knife in our collection Gentle Cut:
- Chef’s Knife – must-have blade in your kitchen;
- Japanese cook’s knife Santoku;
- Chinese cook’s knife Cai Dao;
- authentic Serbian knife;
- Ukrainian Cossack Sikach, reproduced by sketches and descriptions of the life of the Zaporizhzhya Sich
Kitchen knives in the Gentle Cut line by Blade Brothers Knives are made of 1.4116 Krupp Stainless Steel (X50CrMoV15), which is a high-quality stainless steel produced in Germany at Thyssen Krupp plants.
This steel is commonly used for manufacturing medical equipment, pharmaceutical industry equipment, and in the food industry. The chromium-molybdenum-vanadium alloy (X50CrMoV15) is perfect for making premium kitchen knives, providing rust resistance and excellent resharpening ability. The handle scales are made of micarta.
Our Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Gentle Cut:
- Are very durable due to their full tang construction and steel hardening to around 57 HRC.
- Retain their sharpness for a long time.
- Do not break even when dropped or hit hard.
- Are resistant to temperature changes.
- Do not leave an unpleasant metallic taste on food.
- Have a nice look and retain it throughout their lifetime.
- Are well-balanced.
- Provide perfect handling due to the ergonomic grip design.
- Are easy to care for.
Upgrade your tools, and with Gentle Cut, it might seem like anything is possible in the kitchen!”